Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Music Marketing, record label, recording studio

My name is Steve Jacobson. I am a professional musician (among other things) and I am planning on starting my own record label ( I have the money to do so but really would like to work with a grant program so that I have some cushion for the "lean years"). I also am a self recording artist and have a small studio in my basement. That studio will be continuously upgraded over the next several years until I am somewhat happy with the sound quality...My music project, Requiem For Oblivion, has been in the making for years. Even during my last two projects, Influence The Weak (gothic, doomy, death metal) and Forsake The Flesh, (www.myspace.com/forsakethefleshmusic) I was writing and gathering experiences and inspiration for RFO. The CD in the works is a concept CD based on my earlier life of battling inner demons (drugs, booze, depression, self-destruction) and the years since overcoming those demons.

The music is an ambient, progressive death metal, multiple genre style with classical guitars, ghostly vox, and even world music influences. We don't want to sound like anyone tho we have real strong influences, including Opeth, Agalloch, Between The Buried And Me, Into Eternity, Porcupine Tree, Green Carnation, Ulver, etc...

iLike Requiem for Oblivion

My goal on this blog is to connect with other music fanatics, musicians, bands, home recording enthusiasts, and even other record labels and share ideas about band promoting, music marketing, starting a record label, recording, etc...feel free to contact me at requiemforoblivion@gmail.com or here on the site. Thanks,
Steve Jacobson
www.myspace.com/requiemforoblivion

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: